The second generation of the BMW 7 Series entered the auto market in 1986 and was designated the E32 body. Years of issue: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994. We will look at the main relay boxes and fuses of the BMW E32. This diagram is similar to the 34 body (there are also additional boxes). But they still have their own differences.
The information provided is for reference only and may differ from yours and depends on the year of manufacture and vehicle equipment.
Main fuse box
It is located on the left side. Remove the protective cover for access. On the reverse side there should be a diagram with the current description of the elements.
Diagram (one of the type)
1. 15 A Brake light switch.
Windshield wiper relay coil winding.
A combination of devices.
2. 7.5 A Coil of the relay for turning on the dipped headlights.
Coil of the relay for turning on the high beam headlights.
The control lamp for turning on the high beam headlights.
3. 10 A Coil of the fog lamp turn-on relay.
Rear fog lamps.
High beam warning relay.
Turn signal switch.
4.7.5 A Left rear lamp.
5. 10 A Right rear lamp.
Warning lamp of the alarm.
License plate lighting lamps.
Instrument lighting switch.
Instrument lighting lamps.
6. 15 A Relay-interrupter of direction indicators.
Anti-theft device shock and alarm sensor.
7.15 A Fog lamp lamps.
The control lamp for turning on the fog lights.
8. 7.5 A Rear fog lamps.
9. 15 A Sound signals.
Heater circulation pump.
10.7.5 A Left-hand dipped beam headlamp.
11.7.5 A Right-hand dipped beam headlamp.
12. 15 А Reversing light switch.
Switch for adjusting the position of the side mirrors.
Heating elements for windshield washer jets.
13. 7.5 A Left high beam headlamp.
14. 7.5 A Right high beam headlamp.
15.7.5 A Reserved.
16. 30 A Seat heating switch.
Lumbar seat cushion adjustment switch.
17. 7.5 A The controller of the digital engine management system Motronic.
Automatic transmission selector lever switch.
Brake light switch.
A combination of devices.
Coil of the relay for the retraction of the rear head restraints.
Remote control unit for centralized door locks.
18. 15 A Sunblind control switch.
Rear lampshades for interior lighting.
Radio receiver (“+” after turning on the ignition).
Phone (“+” after turning on the ignition).
19.30 A Heater fan switch.
20. 10 A Instrument cluster.
21.10 A Luggage compartment lighting lamp.
Front and rear courtesy lights.
22.30 A Headlight washer.
23.15 A Electric fuel pump.
24. 10 A The main electronic control unit for electrical equipment.
25.30 A Electro fan.
26.30 A Cigarette lighter .
27.7.5 A Heater control unit.
Heater solenoid valves.
28.15 A Coil of the rear window heating relay.
Fan of the box of electronic control units in the engine compartment.
Electronic control unit for power steering.
29.7.5 A Coil of the relay for turning on the electric fan.
Winding relay for turning on the heater circulation pump.
The fuse number 26, 30A, is responsible for the cigarette lighter.
- K1 – relay for turning on an additional cooling fan
- K2 – horn relay
- K3 – headlamp high beam relay
- K4 – headlamp low beam relay
- K5 – mirror heating relay
- K6 – relay for additional cooling fan
- K7 – rear window heating relay
- K8 – fog lamp relay
- K9 – Rear fog lamp relay
- K10 – Relay for turning on the dashboard lighting, windshield wiper and washer
- K16 – alarm relay
- N17 – control device breaker relay.
- K51 – telephone signal relay.
Located on the right side.
The following elements are found here:
- Motronic or DME computer;
- Cruise control unit;
- Fuel pump relay (orange) and DME (white);
- ABS computer.
Fuse box is located under the rear seat and looks something like this.
Arrows indicate possible fuse locations.
30. 7.5 The main electronic control unit for electrical equipment.
Front left door lock switch (blocking).
Heating elements for door locks.
31 7.5 Front right door lock switch (blocking).
Remote control unit for locking the door locks.
Anti-theft device hood switch.
Anti-theft device seat switch.
Anti-theft device battery switch.
32 7.5 Sunblind control unit.
33 7.5 Reserved.
34 30 Reserved.
35 30 Reserved.
36 30 Reserved.
40 10 Electric motor for adjustment of the rear head restraints.
41 30 Radio receiver (“+” permanently).
42 30 Electric motor for adjusting the position of the left front seat.
43 30 Electric motor for adjusting the position of the right front seat.
44 30 Windscreen wiper.
46 30 Heated rear window element.
47 30 Main electronic control unit for electrical equipment.
50 30 Coupling device for a trailer.
51 25 Reserved.
52 10 Reserved.
53 10 Telephone (“+” permanently).
54 15 Reserved.
Relay elements may also differ, depending on the vehicle equipment:
- A1 – main module;
- A5 – relay of the main module;
- K11 – wiper relay;
- K13 – fog lamp relay;
- K15 – electrical network protection relay;
- K27 – left seat heating relay;
- K28 – right seat heating relay;
- N13 – infrared search control module.
If the problem persists after replacing the fuse, the reason may be in the electrical circuit or the element itself. In this video, you can watch the repair (replacement) of the fuel pump for this bmw model.
Want to help complete the material? Write in the comments ..