The first generation of the Peugeot 308 was produced in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. After restyling, the second generation was produced in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. The most common body styles are: hatchback, sedan, SW wagon, CC – coupe. In this publication, we will show where the fuse and relay boxes are located in the Peugeot 308 with their diagrams and note the cigarette lighter fuse.
Description of elements
- ABS electronic control unit
- Accumulator battery
- Glove box drive relay with central locking system
- Folding Roof Control Unit – Behind Right Rear Trim Panel
- Diagnostic connector (DLC)
- Daytime lighting relay
- Driver’s door control unit
- Rear left door electrical control unit
- Passenger door electrical control unit
- Rear right door electrical control unit
- ESP control unit (vehicle stability control)
- Engine control relay
- Electronic engine control module (ECM)
- Cooling fan motor control unit
- Fuse / relay box, engine compartment 1
- Fuse / relay box, engine compartment 2
- Fuse / relay box, engine compartment 3
- Fuse / relay box, engine compartment 4
- Fuse / relay box, instrument cluster 1
- Fuse / relay box, instrument panel 2
- Sound signal
- Lane tracking control unit
- Multifunction control unit 1- in the fuse / relay box under the dash 1
- Multifunction control unit 2- integrated in engine fuse / relay box 1
- Multifunction control unit 3- in the fuse / relay box under the dash 1
- Parking Assist Control Unit – Behind Left Rear Trim Panel
- Driver’s seat heating control unit
- Heated passenger seat control unit
- Steering column electronics control unit
- SRS electronic control unit
- Electronic Transmission Control Module (TCM) – Transmission ASM
There are 2 fuse boxes in the engine compartment. One on the battery, the second next to it. For more details, see the video.
Main fuse box
Designation (for 1st generation)
|F10 – 30A||Gasoline engine electronic control system components: ignition coils, solenoid valves, oxygen concentration sensors, injectors, heating system elements, fuel pump, electronic thermostat; diesel engine: solenoid valves, heating system elements|
|F20 – 10А||Electronic thermostat, fuel control solenoid valves, turbocharger pressure control solenoid valve (diesel engine), coolant level sensor (diesel engine)|
|F19 – 15A||Oil vapor heater (1.4 l 16V and 1.6 l VTi 16V), adsorber solenoid valve (1.4 l 16V and 1.6 l VTi 16V), oxygen concentration sensors (gasoline engine), air cooling solenoid valves ( diesel engine)|
|F18 – 15A||Right headlight (low beam)|
|F17 – 15A||Left headlight (low beam)|
|F16 – 10A||Left headlight (high beam)|
|F15 – 10A||Right headlight (high beam)|
|F4 – 20A||headlight washer|
|F2 – 15A||Sound signal|
|F10 – 10А||Diagnostic connector, directional distribution headlights, air flow sensor (diesel engine), diesel particulate filter additive pump (diesel engine)|
|F21 – 10A||Vehicle speed sensor circuit, ABS / ESP ECU|
|F7 – 5А||Power supply for the engine cooling fan relay, Valvetronic relay switch (1.4 l 16V and 1.6 l VTi 16V), turbocharger cooling (1.6 l THP 16V), air flow sensor (1.6 l HDI 16V)|
|F12 – 10А||Power steering ECU, automatic transmission, coolant level sensor|
|F8 – 30А||Low / high speed of the windshield wiper|
|F14 – 25A||Starter switch|
|F3 – 30А||Turbocharging pressure solenoid valve|
|F13 – 10А||Peugeot 308 front and rear window washer fuse|
|F11 – 40A||Power supply of the intelligent switching unit (“+” from the ignition lock)|
|F1 – 40A||Air conditioning fan|
|F5 – 20A||Power supply for the engine ECU, solenoid valves for unit injectors and EGR (on a 2.0 l HDI 16V engine), injectors (on a 2.0 l HDI 16V engine)|
|F6 – 15A||Canister solenoid valves, electric pressure reducing valve for turbocharging (1.6L THP 16V engine), oil vapor heater (1.6L THP 16V), diesel heater (1.6L HDI 16V)|
Designation (for 2nd generation)
- F1 Power supply for the engine ECU, pump-injector solenoid valves and EGR system (on a 2L HDI 16V engine), injectors (on a 2L HDI 16V engine) – 20 A
- F2 Sound signal – 15 A
- F3 Windshield washer – 10 A
- F4 Headlight washer – 20 A
- F5 Solenoid valves of the adsorber, electric pressure reducing valve of the turbocharging system, heater of oil vapors, heater of diesel fuel (on 1.6 liter HDI 16V engine) – 15 A
- F6 Vehicle speed sensor circuit, ABS / ESP ECU – 10 A
- F7 ECU power steering, automatic transmission, coolant level sensor – 10A
- F8 Starter switch – 25 A
- F9 Diagnostic connector, adaptive headlights, air flow sensor (on diesel), pump for supplying an additive to the particulate filter (on diesel), external mirror drives – 10 A
- F10 Components of the electronic engine control system (on gasoline: ignition coils, solenoid valves, oxygen sensors, injectors, heating system elements, fuel pump, electronic thermostat; on diesel: solenoid valves, heating system elements) – 30 A
- F11 Air conditioning fan – 40 A
- F12 Low / high speed of the windshield wiper – 30 A
- F13 Power supply of the intelligent switching unit (“+” from the ignition lock) – 40 A
- F14 Peugeot 308/308 SW Turbocharging pressure solenoid valve – 30 A (Peugeot 308 CC Not used)
- F15 Right high beam headlamp – 10 A
- F16 Left high beam headlamp – 10 A
- F17 Left high beam headlamp – 15 A
- F18 Right high beam headlamp – 15 A
- F19 Oil vapor heater (1.6 l VTI 16V), adsorber unloading solenoid valve (1.6 l VTI 16V), oxygen sensors (on gasoline engines), air cooling system solenoid valves (diesel) -15 A
- F20 Electronic thermostat, fuel control solenoid valves, turbocharger pressure control solenoid valve (diesel), coolant level sensor (diesel) – 10 A
- F21 Power supply for the engine cooling fan relay, Valvetronic relay control (1.6 l 16V), turbocharger cooling (1.6 l TFIP 16V), air flow sensor (1.6 l FIDI 16V) – 5 A
Battery cover box
|F1 – 15A||Transmission (sequential or automatic)|
|F2 – 15A||Diagnostic connector, daytime running lights|
|F3 – 5А||Dual Function Brake Contactor|
|F10 – 80А||Power steering electric pump|
|F9 – 70А||Heating ECU (diesel engine)|
|F8 – 100А||Switch unit and protection systems|
|F6 – 30A||Sequential gearbox electric pump|
|F5||Valvetronic motor (1.6L THP 16V)|
F1 – Not used.
F2 – 5 A Dual function brake contactor.
F3 – 5 A Battery charging circuit processor.
F4 – 25 A ABS / ESP solenoid valves.
F5 – Not used.
F6 – 15 A Transmission (manual or automatic)
|MF1 *||Not used|
|MF2*||30A Trailer switching unit|
|MF3 *||50A Passenger compartment fuse box|
|MF4*||80A Intelligent switching unit|
|MF5*||80A Intelligent switching unit|
|MF6 *||Not used|
|MF7 *||30A Heated seats|
|MF8 *||20A Headlight washer|
This fuse box is located under the dash (left side).
Type 1 (1st generation)
|F11||15||Small current circuit of the ignition switch|
|F6||30||Rear power windows|
|F15||30||Locking and super locking|
|F5||30||Front power windows, power supply, folding rearview mirror drives, panoramic roof curtain|
|F10||15||| Steering Column Switches, Burglar Alarm Siren, Burglar Alarm ECU|
|F8||20||Audio system, cordless telephone, CD changer, multifunction display, tire pressure monitoring system|
|F7||5||Front and rear lamps, individual lamps, rear spot lamps, sun visor mirror lighting, glove compartment lighting, portable lamp|
|F14||15||Multifunction display, amplifier, Hands free device, rain / light sensor, parking warning ECU (parking sensors), trailer switching unit, warning system for unintentional crossing of the road marking line|
|F9||30||Front 12V socket, cigarette lighter fuse|
|F12||15||Instrument panel, front passenger seat belt and airbag warning lamp panel, air conditioning, driver seat memory unit, switches in the 2nd row seat area, training vehicle module|
|F13||5||ECM, airbags, selector lever for sequential automatic transmission|
|F3||5||ECU for airbags and pyrotechnic pretensioners|
|F4||10||Clutch pedal contactor and dual-function brake contactor, interior light-sensitive rearview mirror, air conditioning, steering wheel position sensor, automatic transmission, safety switch|
|F1||15||Rear window wiper|
|F17||40||Heated rear window and exterior mirrors|
The fuse number 9, 30A, is responsible for the cigarette lighter.
The following elements are placed separately:
G36 – 30 A Heated driver and passenger seats.
G37 – 5 A Memory unit for driver’s seat settings, backlight control.
G38 – 30 A Driver’s seat memory unit.
G39 – 30 A Power supply circuit for the trailer switching unit.
G40 – 30 A Hi-Fi amplifier.
Type 2 (2nd generation)
- F1 15 A Rear window wiper.
- F2 30 A Weight of the locking system and superblocking.
- F3 5 A ECU for airbags and pyron tensioners.
- F4 10 A Clutch pedal contactor and dual-function brake contactor, interior light-sensitive rearview mirror, air conditioning, steering wheel position sensor, automatic transmission, switch box and protection systems.
- F5 30 A Front impulse windows, power supply for folding rear-view mirrors, panoramic sunroof blind.
- F6 30 A Rear impulse windows, trailer junction box.
- F7 5 A Front and rear lamps, individual lamps, rear spot lamps, sun
visor mirror illumination, glove box illumination, portable lamp.
- F8 20 A Car radio, radiotelephone, CD changer, multifunction display, tire pressure monitoring.
- F9 30 A Front 12V socket.
- F10 15 A Steering column switches, siren, alarm ECU.
- F11 15 A Circuit of a weak current of the ignition switch.
- F12 15 A Instrument cluster, front passenger seat belt and airbag warning panel, air conditioning, driver’s seat memory unit, switches in the 2nd row seat area, training vehicle module.
- F13 5 A Electronic engine management system, airbags, selector lever for sequential automatic transmission, trailer switching unit.
- F14 15 A Multifunction display, amplifier, hands-free headset, rain / light sensor, parking assist ECU.
- F15 30 A Locking and super locking system.
- F17 40 A Heated rear window and exterior mirrors.
- SH – Shunt PARC.
The fuse number 9 at 30A is responsible for the cigarette lighter in the Peugeot 308.
The following fuses are located on a separate element:
G36 30 A Heated driver and passenger seats.
G37 5 A Memory unit for driver’s seat settings,
backlight control .
G38 30 A Driver’s seat memory unit.
G39 30 A Power supply circuit for the trailer switching unit.
G40 30 A Hi-Fi amplifier.
On our YouTube channel, we also posted a video. Watch and subscribe.
And if you know how to make this post better – write in the comments.