Renault Megane 3 generations were produced in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016. During these 9 years the car has been restyled 2 times. The most common body options are a station wagon and a 5-door hatchback, although there are also coupes and sedans on the market (under a separate brand of Renault Fluence). We will describe the purpose of the relays and fuses in the Renault Megane 3, show where the boxes and their diagrams are.
It is located in the dashboard, on the left.
|F3||10A cigarette lighter|
|F4||10A rear socket|
|F5||10A socket in the luggage compartment|
|F6||10A audio system|
|F7||5A electric heated exterior mirrors|
|F8||10A windshield washer, door open indicator|
|F9||30A automatic parking brake|
|F10||10A dashboard shield|
|F11||25A power seat, steering column switches|
|F12||20A electric heated passenger seat|
|F14||25A electric window regulator for the front passenger door|
|F15||5A brake light switch, brake pedal position sensor, ABS / ESP control unit|
|F16||25A electric window regulator of the right rear door|
|F17||25A electric window regulator of the left rear door|
|F18||10A glove compartment lamp, left luggage compartment lamp, door lamps, sun visor mirror lamps, rain sensor|
|F19||10A clock, outside temperature indicator, seat belt warning indicator, audio system connector|
|F20||5A air conditioning control unit|
|F21||3A mirror lamps in sun visors|
|F22||3A interior lampshades, rain and light sensor|
|F23||20A trailer connector|
|F25||3A interior rearview mirror|
|F26||10A navigation system, CD changer, audio system|
|F27||20A audio system, parking brake control unit|
|F30||15A UCH, direction indicators|
|F32||30A electric window regulator driver’s door|
|F33||25A UCH, central locking|
|F34||30A ECU multiplex network passenger door|
|F35||15A clock, outdoor temperature gauge, phone display|
|F36||15A diagnostic socket, horn relay, alarm control unit, siren|
|F37||10A brake signals, ECU|
|F38||30A automatic parking brake|
|F39||30A convertible roof ECU|
|F40||40A air conditioning fan|
|F41||25A electric sunroof|
|F42||40A rear window heating|
- RA 70А – power relay (+ battery) with delayed shutdown (without power off at startup)
- RB 70A – power relay (+ battery) with delayed shutdown (with power off at startup)
- RC 40C – Heated rear window relay
- RD 20A – horn relay
The fuse number 3 is responsible for the front cigarette lighter, and the rear outlet is 4 rated at 10A.
A separate “+” relay with the 40A engine running can be located under the passenger seat. Thus, a pair of additional heating relays can be located on the center console heater box.
The unit is located in the engine junction box (in the engine compartment).
- 10A – Side light (right headlamp, right tail light, headlamps), license plate lights, cigarette lighter lights, power window switch lights, audio system, navigation system control unit, multimedia system keyboards
- 10A – Side light (left headlamp, left rear lamp), left lamp on the tailgate
- 15A – Headlight washer pump
- 20A – Fog lights
- 10A – High beam (left block headlamp)
- 10A – High beam (right headlamp)
- 15A – Diagnostic socket, rear window heating relay, automatic transmission mode selector, electric headlight corrector, gas discharge lamp control unit, auxiliary heater control unit, speed limiter, automatic parking brake, automatic parking control unit, dimmable mirror in the passenger compartment
- 30A – to the ABS, ESP control unit
- 30A – Front wiper
- 10A – Airbag control unit
- 20A – Not used
- 7,5А – transmission ECU
- 25A – Engine management system
- 15A – Oxygen concentration sensors – heating
- 20A – transmission ECU
- 5A – Braking signals, electrical control unit, electric power steering
- 10A – Automatic gearbox operating modes sensor, electro-corrector of headlights, reversing light relay
- 15A – Electrical equipment control unit
- 30A – Starter
- – Not used
- 20A – Fuel module, ignition coils, LPG ECU
- 10A – Electromagnetic clutch of the air conditioner compressor
- 5A – ECU injection system
- 20A – Low beam (left headlight), electrocorrector
- 20A – Low beam (right headlight), electrocorrector
- – Not used
Fuses 24, 25 and 26 on the protection unit may not be removable.
It is located in the junction box in the engine compartment under the protection and switching unit.
- A – Not used
- B – Fuel heater relay
- C – Reverse light relay
- D – Not used
- F1 – 80A immersion heater control unit
- F2 – 70A preheating unit
- F3 – Not used
- F4 – 80A immersion heater control unit
- F5 – 60A / 40A fan relay
- F6 – 20A Fuel heater
- F7 – Not used
- F8 – 30A fan relay
- F9 – Not used
Box near the battery
Battery disconnect unit (1)
- F1 – 190A Starter
- F2 – 50A fuse and relay box in the passenger compartment
- F3 – 80A fuse and relay box (control and switching unit) in the engine compartment 1, fuse and relay box in the passenger compartment
- F4 – 300A / 190A engine compartment fuse and relay box 2 / alternator
- F5 – 80A electric power steering
- F6 – 35A electronic engine control unit (ECU) / fuse and relay box (control and switching unit) in the engine compartment 1
- F7 – 5A fuse and relay box (control and switching unit) in the engine compartment 1
High Power Fuse Block (2)
- 70A – additional heater of the passenger compartment
- 80A – fuse and relay box in the passenger compartment
- 80A – fuse and relay box in the passenger compartment
- 80A – fuse and relay box (control and switching unit) in the engine compartment 1, fuse and relay box in the passenger compartment
- 30A – additional heater
- 50A – ABS ECU with ESP
Next to the electric fan, a relay for the electric fan of the engine cooling system can be located.
We have posted a video on our YouTube channel. Watch and subscribe.
Megane 3 engine comp’mt fuse 22 a/c clutch circuit , how to access this fuse. As after removing the top cover the fuse box under appears inverted. The fuses are underneath and cannot be accessed. Please advise anyone next step to access fuses to check continuity. Do I need to loosen the wiring loom to rotate the fuse box to face up ?
Megane III ~ RS250, am I totally blind? Can anybody tell me if they see a fuse for the Cruise control please?
I’m also looking for fuse for cruise control. Did you find it?? Thanks
Thank you so much. Was very helpful in finding the correct fuse for licence plate lights.
Brilliant page 😀
Is the power steering fuse accessible or does the whole box need changing
Thank you very much, I have megane 3, 2010 farmeri 1.6, the problem is horn doesn’t work and airbag light is on, where can I find their fuses?
Does anyone know which fuse i need to take out of a 2016 renault megane dynamique to dissarm the engine stop/start , its irretating.
Good day I have a Renault Megane 3 2013 model 1.6 dynamic, my air conditioning system is not working, I have checked all the fuse and they are still fine
Hi I’m looking for the fuse gor the hazard lights can anyone help? Thank you
Hi can anyone tell me is there a fuse for front park lights on a Renault Megane gt-line or how do they get power.