Nissan X-Trail T30 fuse and relay

Nissan X-Trail T30 , the first generation Nissan X Trail, was produced in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. During this time, the model has been restyled. In this article you will find a designation of fuses and relays Nissan X Trail T30 with decoding, photo examples and box diagrams. Note the cigarette lighter fuse.

x trail t30

The purpose of the elements may differ from that shown and depends on the year of manufacture, the region of delivery (Japan, Europe, America) and the level of equipment. Check the description with your diagrams on the box lid.

Passenger compartment

Located at the bottom of the dashboard. Open the protective cover to access.

access to the unit in the salon

The photo

photo of the unit in the salon Nissan ikstyle

Diagram

fuse diagram in the passenger compartment

Assignment (type 1)

110A Fuel pump
210A Direction indicators
310A Engine control unit
410A Audio system, navigation system
510A Diagnostic connector, gearbox control unit, central locking, anti-theft system, power windows, heated rear window, interior lighting lamps, sunroof, warning devices and indicators, navigation system
620A Front window wiper and washer
710A Engine control unit, daytime lighting control unit
810A ABS / ESP, four-wheel drive control system (4WD)
910А SRS
1015A Fuel pump, engine control unit
1110A Engine control unit, transmission control unit, ABS / ESP, four-wheel drive control system (4WD), SRS, instrument cluster, headlight washer / washer
1210A Transmission control unit, reversing lights, navigation system
1310A Engine control unit
1410A Heated seats
1510A Air conditioning / heater
1610A Rear window wiper and washer
1715A Cigarette lighter, accessory power connector
1810A Cigarette lighter, accessory power connector
1915A Air conditioning / heater
2010A Power mirrors
21Not used
2215A Brake light switch, transmission control unit, ABS, four-wheel drive control system (4WD)
2315A Cigarette lighter , accessory power connector
2415A Air conditioning / heater
2520A Engine control unit, heated rear window
2610A Interior lamps
2710A Heated rear window
2810A Engine control unit, transmission control unit, central locking, anti-theft system, heated rear window, interior lamps, sunroof, warning devices and indicators
SSpare fuses

Designation (type 2)

1. Heater Seat – Heated seats
  2. Turn Signal – Direction indicator
  3. Injector – QR Motor Injectors, ECM
  4. AUDIO – Audio system (Power switchable)
  5. Electronic Parts – Diagnostic connector, X-Trail automatic transmission shift lever lock, power window relay, TIME CONTROL block (Control of the central lock, sunroof, interior light delay, heated rear window, etc.)
  6. FR WIPER – Windshield wiper and washer
  7. Starter Signal – Signal for starter, daytime running light, and YD ECU (to date) and for Nissan QR engines up to August 2003.
  8. 4 WD ABS – Connectable power supply to the ABS, ESP, 4WD control unit.
  9. AIR BAG – airbags
  10. Fuel pump – fuel pump (QR engine), fuel transfer pump (YD diesel engine)
  11. METER – Instrument panel, headlight washer relay timer
  12. A / T Control – Reversing light, automatic transmission control system
  13. Engine Control – Heated oxygen sensors, fan relays, starter blocking relay (X-Trail with automatic transmission)
  14. Spare
  15. AIR CON – Climate control, relay and clutch for turning on the air conditioning compressor
  16. RR WIPER – Rear window washer cleaner
  17. CIG Lighter – cigarette lighter
  18. CIG Lighter – Cigarette lighter relay
  19. Blower MOTOR – Blower motor for the interior of the stove
  20. MIRROR – Power mirrors
  21. Spare
  22. STOP LAMP – Stop light, brake control signal for ABS, ESP, engine control unit
  23. Power Socket – Electrical outlets (driver’s glove compartment and trunk)
  24. Blower Motor – Blower motor for interior stove
  25. RR DEFOG – Heated rear window
  26. KROMM LAMP – Interior lighting lamps, including the luggage compartment, a lamp for maps and illumination of doorways
  27. HEATER MIRROR – Heated mirrors
  28. Electronic parts – Permanent power supply of the instrument panel, time control unit, clock, climate control, door remote control unit

If your cigarette lighter does not work, check the fuses with numbers 23, 17 and 18 at 15A.

Relay

relay in the salon Nissan Ixrail

Designation

• R1 – PTC relay
  • R2 – Power window relay
  • R3 – Ignition relay
  • R4 – Heater fan relay
  • R5 – Auxiliary relay

Also, several relays can be placed in the front pillar at the driver’s feet (R1 – heated rear window / mirrors, R2 – Fuel pump relay)

relay rack

Engine compartment

Layout

arrangement of elements under the hood t30

1. Fuse box (near battery)
  2. Glow relay
  3. ESP relay box (right-hand drive vehicles)
  4. ESP relay box (left-hand drive vehicles)
  5. Relay blocks (main and additional)

Fuse box

under the hood option 1

Diagram

under the hood option 1 diagram with decoding

photo of the unit under the hood t30 2

Diagram

fuse diagram under the hood 2

Appointment

A100 / 120A Alternator, engine compartment fuse box (fuses: Nos. B to G, 39 to 43)
B40A Central locking, power windows, sunroof, power seats
C40A Cooling Fan
D40A Cooling Fan
E30A Headlight cleaners and washers
F60A Glow plugs
G80A Passenger compartment fuse box
H80A Air conditioning / heating system, passenger compartment fuse box (fuses: No. 18, 20, 23)
I50A Vehicle Stability Program (ESP)
J30A Ignition lock
K40А ABS
L30 / 40A ABS, ESP (30A with ESP, 40A without ESP)
M
3110A Exterior lamps, headlamp cleaners and washers, warning devices and indicators
3215A Audio system, navigation system, telephone
3310A Engine control unit, anti-theft system
3410A Generator, anti-theft system
3515A Direction indicators
3610A Rear fog lamp
3710A ABS, four-wheel drive control system (4WD)
3915A Engine control unit
4015A Engine control unit, outdoor lamps
4115A Outdoor lamps, fog lamps
4215A Fog lights
4320A Engine control unit, anti-theft system

Relays box

Diagram

Relay circuit under the hood

Protected components

• R1 Lamp relay
  • R2 Daytime lighting relay, left (with daytime lighting)
  • R3 Daytime running light relay, right (with daytime running lights)
  • R4 Rear fog lamp relay
  • R5 Front fog lamp relay
  • R6 Start inhibit relay (“P” / “N”)
  • R7 A / C relay
  • R8 Horn relay
  • R9 Cooling fan relay 1
  • R10 Throttle valve control relay
  • R11 Cooling fan relay 3
  • R12 4WD relay
  • R13 Cooling fan relay 2
  • R14 Headlight washer relay

In some models, the place of relay number 14 is located fuses: 10A – rear fog lamp, 15A – heated windshield (wiper zone), 15A – engine control unit and 20A – xenon headlight control unit.

We have posted a video on our YouTube channel. Watch and subscribe.

That’s all. If you have any questions or have something to add – write in the comments.

Comments 27

• Hi I have a 07 my flashers started to go slow and now they don’t work at all would it be the relay or the flasher relay controller unit thanks

• Hi John,

Did you get a reply as I have the same model with the same problem.

Regards

Hansie

• Hi I have a t31 diesel headlights are stuck in the down position. Normally when switched on they raise up but stopped working will this be a fuse gone
      Thanks.

• Where is the relays box?

• The warning bip before starting the engine and when switching off the engine while the front lights still on, of my Nissan X-trial 2.2 litter, YD 22, year 2002 just stop working. What could be the problem?

• I replaced the Starter Signal fuse, but it’s not receiving power, I checked all other fuses inside and outside in the motor with an electrical test light all work and receiving power, except Starter Signal Fuse, Any advice?

• Does a x frail have a fuse for alternate 06/07

• I had a fault on the rear numberplate light(s) of my 2006 Nissan X-Trail (T30 engine 2.2 Deisel) … which I thought was due to a broken fuse.
    Amongst all of the searches I did through Google, yours was one of the sites I visited…. which I found was very helpful and informative … Thank you!

HOWEVER…
    NONE of those sites, yours included, showed me which fuse controlled the circuit responsible for the rear numberplate lights! (Unless I missed something?).

So, I decided I had to check EVERY fuse that may have been responsible for this circuit, in both the engine compartment AND the dashboard fuse boxes…
    NONE were found to be damaged/blown, and so the problem seemed to be either a connection or damaged cable issue.

Fortunately I found the broken wire at the rear hatch hinge point, where the harness passes through the flexible rubber tube into the hatch.
    It is great that I managed to make the repair, but I still do not know which fuse controls this circuit!

Many thanks again for your great efforts and information.
    Best regards, Malcolm.

• Hi Malcom , the numberplate light would be fed power from the taillights , so it would use the same fuse. Good job at finding the fault

• Hi, great site, I wonder if you could point me in the direction to help me fix the lock on the tail gate. It has stopped locking when I lock the other doors with the central locking on the key fob.
    Thanks,
    Mike.

• Hi Mike,
      Not sure if you already resolved this…it happened to me with my ‘06. It ended up being detached wiring where the wire passes near the hinges of the tail gate on the left side.
      Once the wires were reattached, the lock worked with the key fob.

• I replaced a battery on my Xtrail nissan 2004 and now my radio has stopped working.
    What could be the problem

• If the radio does not work after removing the battery, then the problem may be due to damage to the amplifier. It is extremely sensitive to the immediate moment of power connection and power surges.
      Contact your service

• Hi, I have a 2004 T30 2.2 dCi (RHD) which has been the most reliable car I’ve ever had until recently. After charging problem (now fixed) which caused all the dashboard dials to violently vibrate my speedometer is not working everything else is operating normally. I would be most grateful for any advice on how to resolve the issue including what fuses/relays might be involved.

• Hej! Mitt centrallås har slutat att fungera måste låsa/öppna med nyckel det är en Nissan X-trail-05 vad kan det vara.

• Hi I have a Nissan x trail T30 and one fues to ECU has no power supply. I checked the fues and it’s ok but n power to it? Some help please. Thanks.

• Hey guys I have no central locking I’m trying to connect a fob but to exit the pairing mode I need to hit the central locking button on the car.
    I’ve cleaned the switches and checked the fuses what the hell do I do now?

• Hi Alex,
    I have a Nissan T30 with no working reverse lights.
    I’ve searched through the above and can’t see the relative fuse.
    Can you assist please?
    Thank you
    Paul

• Ahoj Alex, mám Nissan T30. Klasicky smerovky pravá /ľavá mi fungujú ale po zapnutí výstražných 4x tak nefungujú.
    Môžete mi prosím pomôcť?
    Ďakujem
    Juraj

• Hi I have 2005 xtrail the heater fan won’t turn off , where I’d the heater relay situated ,has anyone had the same problem is so how do I fix it . I bought the heater controls on the dash but mate no difference cheers john

• Thank you very helpful, and much appreciated, Nissan Xtrail07

• Good morning,

I have a 2010 Xtrail and I recently 2 months bought a new battery. The lights radio and air-con work but it won’t start. No clicking, no chugging nothing. Any ideas?

• I have 2007 nissan xtrail 2.0 petrol,the fuel guage shows full tank all the time checked earth connection on both fuel level ondicators is fine what now there is no pewer at fuel level indicators,where can o check

• Hi, both my driving lamps are not working. Main beam and sides are ok and also front fog
    Could that be the R1 relay ??

• J’ai une Nissan x trail 2004 . le témoin engin ne s’allume pas

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *