BMW E30 is the second generation of the BMW 3 Series. Produced in 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 and station wagons even before 1993. We will tell you where the fuses are in the BMW E30. Let’s present a diagram of the main relay and fuse box with a description of the purpose.
Engine compartment fuse box
The fuse box (junction box) with spare fuses, relays and plastic tweezers is located in the engine compartment on the left, near the windshield.
Remove the fuse box cover and use plastic tweezers to pull out the fuse that is not working. A blown fuse may appear as a melted streak inside the clear plastic cover and must be replaced.
Never try to repair a blown fuse. If the fuse blows repeatedly, then there is a malfunction in the wiring or electrical appliances.
1.7.5 Left high beam headlamp
2. 7.5 Right high beam headlamp
3. 15 Additional fan motor for the engine cooling system (at low speed)
4. 15 Direction indicators
5. 25 (30) Wiper, washer and headlamp wiper motors
6. 7.53 Brake light bulbs. Programmable speed controller (cruise control)
7. 15 Sound signals
8. 25 (30) 2 Rear window heating element
9. 7.5 (15) Electric equipment of carburetor engines. or Reversing lamps. (Electrical equipment of carburetor engines. Reverse light lamps. Indicator of the engaged gear of an automatic transmission)
10.7.5 Control devices. On-board computer or Control devices. On-board computer. Reversing lamps
11. 15 Electric fuel pump. Electric motor fuel injection pump
12. 15 Radio. Onboard control system. Control devices
13.7.5 Left dipped beam
14.7.5 Right dipped headlight 15.7.5 Rear lights (fog lamps)
16. 15 Driver’s seat heating element 17.25 (30) 2 Electric sunroof
18.30 Electric motor of the additional fan of the engine cooling system (at operating speed)
19.15 (30) 2 Electric motor and heating element for the outside rear-view mirror
20. 30 Heater fan electric motor. Air conditioning system
21.7.5 Interior lighting lamps. Glove box lighting lamp. Portable lamp. Clock. Radio receiver (station memory device). On-board computer
22. 7.5 Side light bulbs in the left headlight, left rear light 23. 7.5 Side light bulbs in the right headlight, right tail light. Instrument lighting lamps. License plate lights
24. 15 Direction indicators in alarm mode
27. 25-30 Locking system. Heating elements for door locks. Anti-theft system Door lock system. Heating elements for door locks. Anti-theft system. On-board computer buzzer 28.25
(30) 2Cigarette lighter . Antenna electric drive. Additional heater motor
29.7.5 Left fog lamp
30.7.5 Right fog lamp
- Normal speed relay / standby;
- Sound signal;
- High beam relay;
- Low beam relay;
- High speed relay / standby;
- Fog lamp relay;
Video about replacing the fuse on BMW E30 (3 series).