The 2nd generation Toyota Caldina T21 was produced in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 in a station wagon with both gasoline and diesel engines. During this time, the model has been restyled. The most popular are models marked T 210/ 211 / 215. In this article you can find information with the location of electronic control units and a description of fuses and relays Toyota Kaldina T21x with box diagrams and photo examples of execution. Separately, we note the cigarette lighter fuse.
The number of elements in the boxes and their arrangement may differ from that shown and depends on the year of manufacture and the level of equipment.
General layout of boxes in the cabin
- 11 – left side SRS sensor
- 12 – DC / AC inverter
- 13 – inverter relay (up to 10.1997)
- 14 – sunroof electric drive relay
- 15 – right side SRS sensor
- 16 – electronic control unit of the navigation system (from 12.1999)
- 17 – rear window cleaner relay
- 18 – electronic engine control unit
- 19 – central mounting box
- 20 – door locks control relay
- 21 – integrated relay
- 22 – relay box No. 1
- 23 – relay of the connector for connecting additional electrical equipment
- 24 – fuse box
- 25 – right bracket for fastening connectors
- 26 – mounting box under the dashboard in the cabin
- 27 – windshield heater relay (wiper de-icer)
- 28 – headlight range control relay (from 12.1999)
- 29 – automatic transmission selector lock control unit
- 30 – deceleration sensor (ABS) (models with VSC)
- 31 – deceleration sensor (ABS, 4WD models); lateral displacement sensor (models with VSC)
- 32 – central SRS sensor
- 33 – heater relay
- 34 – left bracket for fastening connectors
- 35 – fuel pump relay
- 36 – fuse box (ZS-TE since 12.1999)
- 37 – electronic control unit ABS, TRC and VSC.
In the passenger compartment, the fuse box is located under the dashboard on the driver’s side behind a protective cover.
Example of a diagram from the box cover
|1||5А DEFOG / IDLE-UP – System for increasing idle speed, electronic engine control unit|
|2||30А DEFOG – Heated rear window|
|3||15A ECU – IG – Anti-lock braking system, shift lock system|
|4||10A TAIL – Front and rear dimensions, license plate light|
|5||5A STARTER – Starter, engine control unit|
|6||5A IGNITION – Ignition, ECM|
|7||10A TURN – Direction indicators|
|8||20А WIPER – Wipers and washers|
|9||15A METER – Instrument cluster|
|10||7,5А PANEL – Illumination of a combination of devices and switches|
|11||15А LIGHTER / RADIO – Electric side mirrors, cigarette lighter, clock, radio tape recorder|
|12||15A FOG – Front fog lights|
|13||30А DOOR – Central locking|
|14||15А STOP – Stop lights|
The fuse responsible for the cigarette lighter is located at number 11 at 15A.
Some relays can be attached to the back of the box.
- Main power relay
- Relay dimensions
- Heated rear window relay
Separately, closer to the left drain, some additional fuses can be attached.
- 15A FR DEF – Heated wiper blades
- 15A ACC SOCKET – Additional sockets
And in the panel on the left side: 1 20A F / HTR – Fuel heating.
General arrangement of boxes under the hood
- vacuum sensor in the vacuum brake booster (7A-FE, 3S-FE)
- VSC relay box
- boost pressure sensor
- glow plug relay
- fuel pump resistor
- fuel pump control relay
- relay box No. 2
- fuse box
- left front SRS sensor
- right front SRS sensor
Fuse and relay box
The main fuse and relay box is located on the left side of the engine compartment, next to the battery. Several variants of its execution are possible.
Photo – example
A – relay No. 1 e / dv. cooling fan, B – starter relay, C – horn relay, D – headlight relay, E – injection system relay, F – relay No. 2 e / dv. cooling system fan, G – relay No. 3 e / dv. cooling fan, H – air conditioner relay;
1 – ALT 100A (120A for 3S-FSE engines), 2 – ABS 60A, 3 – HTR 40A;
4 – DOME 7,5A, Interior lighting
There is something to add to the material – write in the comments.