The 1st generation Mitsubishi Montero Sport was designed on the basis of the Mitsubishi L200 and was produced in 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008. During this time, the model has undergone restyling and minor updates. In this publication you can find a description of the fuses and relays of the Mitsubishi Montero Sport 1 with box diagrams, photo examples of execution and their locations. Let’s show the fuse responsible for the cigarette lighter.
The number of elements in boxes may differ from that shown and depends on the year of manufacture, the level of equipment and the region of delivery (Mitsubishi Pajero Sport). Check the assignment with your diagrams on the box cover.
Passenger compartment fuse box
There are 2 blocks under the dash on the driver’s side: a fuse box and a relay box.
|1||10A Direction indicators|
|2||10A Audio system|
|3||15A Centralized door lock|
|4||10A Relay for electric fan of the climate unit|
|5||15A Cigarette lighter|
|6||20A Windshield wiper|
|7||10A Reversing lights|
|8||10A Instrument cluster|
|9||10A Stop lights|
|10||10A Sound signals|
|11||10A Electric windows|
|14||15A Roof hatch drive|
The fuse number 5, 15A, is responsible for the cigarette lighter.
In the upper part of the unit, some relay elements can be attached.
- R1 – direction indicator relay
- R2 – relay for heating the rear window and side mirrors
- R3 – heater fan electric motor relay (for L200)
- Ignition switch (lock) wiring harness;
- Socket relay for connecting additional equipment;
- Rear heater motor relay;
- Power window relay;
- Fuse (30 A) for the tailgate window heater;
- Fuse (15 A) for rear heater;
- Relay timer for the heater of the tailgate window and exterior mirrors;
- Relay-interrupter for window wiper of a window of a door of a back;
- Fuse (15 A) sockets for connecting additional equipment;
- Fuse (10 A) for heating the exterior mirrors.
Depending on the year of manufacture and equipment level, it is possible to place individual additional relays and other control units outside the units shown, for example, a fuel pump control unit.
Or the rear fog lamp relay.
Engine compartment fuses and relays boxes
Located on the left side of the engine compartment, next to the battery.
Legend from the block cover
|1||10A Interior lighting|
|2||10A High beam|
|3||10A Rear parking lights|
|4||10A Rear parking lights|
|6||30A Electro fan of the climate unit|
|7||30A Air conditioner|
|8||40A Starting system|
|9||40A Ignition switch (lock)|
|10||30A Glass lifters|
|11||30A Low beam|
|12||20A Engine management system|
|A||Relay for electric fan of the climate control unit|
|C||Fog lamp relay|
|E||Start system relay|
Box on battery
Located on the positive terminal of the storage battery.
- 16 – 60A Anti lock brake system (ABS)
- 17 – 20A Fog lights
- 18 – 80A Glow plugs
An additional unit is attached next to the main unit.
- 14 – 25A Electro condenser fan
- 15 – 10A Air conditioner compressor
- J – reserve
- F – A / C compressor relay
- G – Relay for electric condenser fan
It is also possible to install some relays on the right side of the engine compartment.
- signal relay
- ABS relay
Anything to add? We will be glad to receive your comments.